PMI-ACP® is the PMI certification for agile practitioners. PMI-ACP® is a certification that verifies your knowledge of agile. To receive the PMI-ACP® designation, you must pass the PMI-ACP®.
The PMI-ACP® tests your understanding of agile methods and how to apply them in project management. In this blog post, we will discuss the PMI-ACP® in detail.
We will cover everything from eligibility requirements to the contents for exam.
PMI-ACP® Exam: An Overview
The PMI-ACP® exam is a computer-based test that is comprised of 120 multiple-choice questions. Pearson VUE administers the PMI-ACP®.
Applicants for the PMI-ACP® exam must have either:
- At least three years of general professional experience followed by one year of experience with Agile projects OR a secondary education (high school diploma, associate’s degree or global equivalent).
- A four-year bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent with at least two years of general professional experience and at least one year of Agile project experience.
- The formal Agile education program also requires 35 contact hours.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, you can register for the PMI-ACP® online. The PMI-ACP® fee is $540 for PMI members and $415 for non-members.
Eligibility Requirements For The PMI-ACP® Exam:
In order to take the exam, you must first meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You must have at least 1200 hours of general project experience working on teams. This can be paid or unpaid experience.
- You must have at least 35 contact hours of agile education. This can include attending workshops, courses, or other training sessions. Alternatively, you can also submit a certificate from an accredited institution that shows you have completed a minimum of 35 contact hours of formal agile education.
- You must also meet the PMI’s ethical requirements and abide by the PMI Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
If you meet these eligibility requirements, you can then register for the PMI-ACP®. The exam comprises 120 multiple-choice questions, and you will have three hours to complete it. The passing score for the PMI-ACP® exam is 500 out of 700 points.
Applying For The PMI-ACP® Exam:
The PMI-ACP® is a computer-based test taken at authorized testing centers worldwide. In order to pass the PMI-ACP®, you must have a solid understanding of PMBOK® Guide—Sixth Edition, Agile Practice Guide (APG), and other current practices in agile project management.
To apply for the PMI-ACP®, you must first meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You must have broad project experience totaling 2000 hours within the last five years.
- You must have agile project experience totaling 1500 hours within the last three years.
- The educational requirement for agile practices is 35 contact hours.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, you may register for the PMI-ACP® through the PMI website. The PMI-ACP® fee is $435 for PMI members and $495 for nonmembers. You will need to provide your PMI membership number when registering if you are a member.
Once you have registered, you will schedule your exam date and time with Pearson VUE, the authorized testing provider. You will need to create a Pearson VUE account and log in to schedule your exam appointment. After scheduling your work, you will receive a confirmation email from Pearson VUE with your exam details.
Another interesting read: Scrum Master Certification Benefits For Career Boost
The PMI-ACP® Exam: What To Expect
If you’re interested in becoming a PMI-ACP®or are already in the process of doing so, you’re probably wondering what the PMI-ACP® is going to be like. This blog post will give you an overview of the PMI-ACP® exam and what you can expect on test day.
The PMI-ACP® is a multiple-choice exam that tests your knowledge of various concepts and topics related to agile. These topics include:
- Agile values and principles
- Agile tools and techniques
- Working with agile teams
- Stakeholder engagement
You will need to bring two forms of identification to the test center on exam day, one of which must be a government-issued photo ID. You will also need to know your PMI member ID or PMI credential ID number.
When you arrive at the test center, you will be asked to sign an agreement that states you will not disclose the contents of the PMI-ACP® exam or discuss it with anyone other than PMI staff. You will also be asked to surrender all personal belongings, including cell phones and watches, before being escorted to your testing station.
The PMI-ACP® exam is not a difficult test, but it is essential to study and be prepared for it. Several resources are available, including the PMI Handbook and the PMI-ACP® Exam Prep course from PMI REP Global Knowledge.
Another interesting read: Agile Certified Practitioner Certification
Tips For Taking The PMI-ACP® Exam:
Now that you know what to expect on the PMI-ACP® exam, here are a few tips to help you prepare for and ace the test:
- Understand the agile principles. You can’t just memorize a list of agile terms and hope to pass the exam. You need to understand what they mean and how they are applied in real-world situations.
- Study, study, study. There is no substitute for hard work when preparing for an exam. Make use of all the resources available to you and put in the time to review them thoroughly.
- Practice with sample questions. In addition to studying, it’s also essential to get some practice with actual PMI-ACP® exam questions. This will help you get used to the format of the questions and the type of material you’ll be tested on.
- Relax and stay calm. On exam day, try to relax and remain calm. If you’ve studied hard and are prepared for the exam, there is no reason to be nervous. You can retake the exam.
Another interesting read: Everything You Need To Know About CSM Certification
The PMI-ACP® is a great exam to take if you want to improve your knowledge in the Agile methodology and project management practices. It will also help you stand out among other practitioners. You can easily pass the PMI-ACP® exam and earn your credential with the proper preparation.
If you’re interested in becoming a Certified Agile Practitioner, contact us today, and we’ll be happy to help you get started. We offer various services, including PMI-ACP® Exam prep courses, that can help increase your chances of success. Good luck!
Another interesting read: Safe Agile Certification Study Track