PMI-ACP exam prep has recently released the PMI-ACP® exam. If you are looking to get your PMI-ACP® certification, you must pass this exam.
The good news is that we have created a PMI-ACP® Exam Prep Manual that will help you prepare for the test.
In this blog post, we will discuss what is covered in the exam and provide tips on studying and passing the test. Let’s get started!
PMI-ACP® Exam Overview:
The PMI-ACP® examination is a multiple-choice test with 120 questions. Of the 120 questions, 20 are “pre-release” and do not count towards your score. These pre-release items are part of the exam to gather data for future versions of the PMI-ACP® examination and do not require you to answer them correctly to pass the exam.
You will be given three hours to complete the exam. The passing score for the PMI-ACP® examination is set by several factors, including but not limited to: expert judgment, psychometric analysis, global benchmarking standards, etc.
There are four domains on the PMI-ACP® examination, as well as a section on professional conduct:
- Domain I: Agile Principles and Framework (17%)
- The Domain II: Agile Planning and Estimating (22%)
- Domain III: Agile Analysis, Design, and Architecture (20%)
- The Domain IV: Agile Implementation (27%)
- Professional Conduct (14%)
All writing items on the examination are at the level of the practicing agile professional. The following table lists some activities linked with each domain. This is not an exhaustive list; instead, it gives you a general idea of the content covered in each field.
Domain I: Agile Principles and Framework
- Understand agile values, principles, and practices
- Understand the features and benefits of various agile approaches
- Apply an understanding of agile values, principles, practices, and procedures to diverse situations
Domain II: Agile Planning and Estimating
- Plan an agile project
- Create preliminary estimates for product backlog items
- Determine how much work can be accomplished during an iteration
Domain III: Agile Analysis, Design, and Architecture
- Analyze requirements using appropriate techniques (e.g., user stories)
- Develop initial models for architecture using proper techniques
- Design solutions that satisfy requirements
Domain IV: Agile Implementation
- To Perform activities required to implement an agile solution
- Perform activities required to support continuous integration
- To Perform activities required to support testing
- Perform activities required to deploy an agile solution
PMI-ACP® Study Tips: How To Prepare For The Exam
PMI-ACP® is one of the premier certifications for Agile Project Managers. Earning your PMI-ACP® will give you an edge in the job market and show your employer that you are committed to being the best possible project manager that you can be. The exam is challenging, but you can pass it with flying colors with the proper preparation.
Here are a few tips to help you prepare for the PMI-ACP® exam:
- Get plenty of rest before the exam. You want to be well-rested to focus on the questions and not be distracted by fatigue.
- Dress comfortably. You want to be comfortable while taking the exam so that you can focus on the questions and not be distracted by your clothing.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. You want to have a nutritious meal to have the energy to focus on the exam.
- Make sure you have all of the materials you need before starting the exam. This includes a copy of the PMI-ACP® Exam Prep Manual and any other reference material you might need.
- Read each question carefully. Make sure that you understand what is being asked before you answer it. If you are unsure about a question, ask for clarification from the proctor.
- Answer each question to the best of your ability. If you are unsure about an answer, make an educated guess.
- Take your time. You want to make sure that you answer each question carefully and thoughtfully.
- Relax. The exam is challenging and demanding you have adequately prepared, you will do just fine.
By following these tips, you will be well on your way to earning your PMI-ACP® certification.
Another interesting read: Role Of A Project Management Institute Agile Certified Practitioner
PMI-ACP® Practice Tests:
The PMI-ACP® Exam Prep Manual comes with four full-length practice tests. These exams help you gauge your strengths and weaknesses and identify the areas where you need further study. The manual also provides comprehensive explanations of each answer so that you can learn from your mistakes.
Each of the four practice tests contains 120 questions, just like the actual PMI-ACP® exam. There are three hours allotted for you to complete each one. To simulate the actual exam experience as closely as possible, we recommend that you take each practise test under timed conditions.
By taking all four practice tests, you will:
- Get a feel for the types of questions that are likely to appear on the actual exam
- Understand the format of the exam
- Become familiar with the time pressure you will face on exam day
You need to analyze your results and identify areas where you need to focus your studies. The PMI-ACP® Exam Prep Manual includes a complete analysis of all four practice tests, identifying strengths and weaknesses. This information will help you create a customized study plan.
Another interesting read: PMI Agile Certified Practitioner Course Guide
PMI-ACP® Exam Day:
You’ve studied long and hard to prepare for the PMI-ACP® exam. Now it’s time to put your knowledge to the test.
This article will give you a rundown of what to expect on exam day so you can go into the testing center with confidence.
First, let’s start with some basics about the PMI-ACP® exam. The PMI-ACP® is a computer-based test comprised of 120 multiple-choice questions.
It will take you three hours to complete the exam, and you need a score of at least 75% to pass.
The passing score for each question is not made public, so there is no way to know how many questions you can answer wrong and pass the exam.
Another interesting read: Agile Certified Practitioner Exam
The PMI-ACP® Exam Prep Manual is an excellent resource for preparing for the PMI-ACP® exam. It has packed with information and tips on effective study for the exam.
The manual also includes sample questions that will help you gauge your understanding of the material covered in the exam. Overall, the PMI-ACP® Exam Prep Manual is a valuable tool to help you ace the PMI-ACP® exam.
Another interesting read: Agile Certified Practitioner Certification