PMI-ACP® certification cost is a hot topic. PMI offers the PMI-ACP®exam to validate your agile skills. The PMP and CAPM certifications are popular, but the PMI-ACP® is growing in popularity as organizations adopt agile methodologies.
So, what does it take to become PMI-ACP® certified? And how much does PMI-ACP® certification cost? This blog post will answer those questions and more.
PMI-ACP® Exam Overview
Among PMI’s newest certifications, the PMI Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® is among the quickest growing. A PMI-ACP® is an assessment of your knowledge of agile methodologies, principles, practice, tools, and techniques.
To earn your PMI‑ACP, you must meet experience and education requirements and pass an examination of 120 multiple‑choice questions.
PMI’s new PDUs for ACP can be earned in some ways, including attending PMI Global Congress, participating in webinars, and taking PMI-approved courses.
You can also earn PDUs by reading agile books, blogs, and articles, sharing your expertise with others, or volunteering in the PMI Community of Practice.
The PMI-ACP® certification has a three-year validity period. To be certified as a PMI-ACP®, you must complete thirty Professional Development Units (PDUs).
PMI-ACP® certification costs vary depending on several factors, such as whether you are a PMI member or not, the number of attempts at the exam you need, and whether you need to retake the exam. However, generally speaking, you can expect to pay between $940 and $1150 for PMI-ACP certification.
PMI-ACP® Requirements: An Estimate
PMI-ACP®certification is not easy to come by. To become certified, you must first meet specific eligibility requirements. These include:
- A minimum of 35 contact hours of training in agile practices
- An examination consisting of 120 multiple-choice questions
- At least 12 months of general project experience and 750 hours working on agile projects
The PMI-ACP®exam is not a walk in the park. The PMI does NOT provide study materials for the test. You would have to turn to third-party sources if you want to pass the PMI-ACP® exam.
So, how much does it cost to become PMI-ACP® certified? The answer, unfortunately, is not black and white. Several variables can affect the total cost of PMI-ACP® certification. These include:
- The price of agile training courses
- The cost of PMI-ACP®exam prep materials
- The fee for taking the PMI-ACP® examination
In this blog post, we will take a close look at each of these factors and estimate what you can expect to pay to become PMI-ACP® certified.
Another interesting read: Safe Agile Certification Study Track
Agile Training Courses:
The first step in becoming PMI-ACP® certified is completing agile training courses. These courses will teach you the basics of agile methodology and how to apply it to real-world projects. You can:
- Take an in-person course: Universities or PMI-approved providers typically offer these courses. Prices can range from $500-$2000, depending on the length and location of the course.
- Complete an online course: Online courses are a more affordable option, with prices typically ranging from $200-$1000. However, it is essential to make sure that you choose a PMI-approved provider.
Another interesting read: Agile Certified Practitioner Certification
PMI-ACP® Certification Cost: An Estimate
PMI-ACP®, or PMI Certified Practitioner, is the most popular agile certification. It is a globally recognized credential that validates an individual’s skills and knowledge in agile practices. PMI-ACP® holders are in high demand by employers across industries.
So how much does it cost to become PMI-ACP® certified? The answer depends on several factors, such as whether you are already a PMP® (Project Management Professional) or not, where you live, and how you choose to prepare for the exam. In this blog post, we will give you a rough estimate of the PMI-ACP certification cost so that you can start planning your budget.
If you are not already a PMP, you will need to become one before applying for the PMI-ACP® certification. The PMP certification cost includes the application, exam, and prep course fees. The total cost can range from $500 to $2000, depending on your location and how you choose to prepare for the exam.
Once you are a PMP, you can apply for the PMI-ACP® certification. The application fee is $435 for PMI members and $495 for non-members. If you need to retake the exam, there is an additional fee of $325 for PMI members and $395 for non-members. In addition to the application and exam fees, you will also need to budget for a prep course and study materials, which can cost anywhere from $500 to $2000.
The PMI-ACP® certification cost ranges from $2000 to $1500, depending on your situation. If you are already a PMP, the price will be lower. If you are not a PMP, the cost will be on the higher end. Regardless of the cost, becoming PMI-ACP® certified is worth it to help you advance your career.
Another interesting read: PMI Agile Certified Practitioner Course Guide
PMI-ACP® Exam Preparation Tips
PMI agile certified practitioner cost is not as high as you think. You can easily get certified by following some simple tips:
- Enroll in a PMI-ACP® course: this will help you understand the basics of agile and how to apply it in your project management practices. It will also give you an opportunity to take the PMI-ACP® exam.
- Read PMI-ACP® books: these books will help you prepare for the PMI-ACP® exam by providing you with knowledge on all aspects of agile methodology.
- Take practice exams: many online resources offer free PMI-ACP® practice exams. Taking these exams will help you identify your areas of weakness and strengthen your knowledge in those areas.
- Get PMI-ACP® certified: once you have completed the PMI-ACP® exam, you will be a PMI-certified practitioner. This certification will help you advance your career and improve your project management skills.
Another interesting read: Agile Certified Practitioner Exam
So, PMI-ACP® is an excellent option if you want to enhance your career in project management. It will help you stand out from the crowd and make you more attractive to potential employers. The PMI-ACP® credential is also portable, so it can be beneficial if you ever change jobs or industries.
The cost of becoming PMI-ACP® certified can vary depending on several factors, but it is generally not inexpensive. However, many people feel that the benefits of becoming PMI-ACP® certified outweigh the costs. If you are interested in pursuing this certification, do your research and create a solid plan for how you will finance the process.