Are you planning to take the PMI-ACP® exam but don’t know about PMI agile certified practitioner exam questions? If so, you will want to be prepared for the questions you will be asked.
This blog post will provide a detailed overview of the types of questions included in the exam. We will also offer tips on how to best prepare for the exam.
So, whether you are just starting on your journey to becoming PMI-ACP® certified or you are in the final stages of preparation, this blog post is for you!
Questions You Will Be Asked On The PMI-ACP® Exam
The PMI-ACP® exam is comprised of 120 multiple-choice questions. 100 are scored, and 20 are unscored. The unscored items are used to test new content for future exam versions and do not count toward your score. Therefore, it is essential to answer all questions on the exam.
The questions on the PMI-ACP® exam are based on the Agile Manifesto and the 12 principles that it is founded upon. To best prepare for the exam, you should have a solid understanding of these principles. In addition, you should be familiar with the various agile methodologies and approaches and the tools and techniques associated with each.
When answering questions on the PMI-ACP® exam, selecting the response that best answers the question is essential. There is no penalty for guessing, so make your best guess and move on if you are unsure of a solution.
Here are some tips to help you ace the PMI-ACP® exam:
- Create a study plan and stick to it.
- Make use of the resources provided by PMI®.
- Utilize practice exams to test your knowledge and identify areas that need further study.
- Find a study group or partner to help keep you accountable and motivated.
By following these tips, you will be well on your way to passing the PMI-ACP® exam and becoming a certified Agile Practitioner!
Another interesting read: Role Of A Project Management Institute Agile Certified Practitioner
How To Prepare For The Questions
The questions in the PMI-ACP® examination are based on the knowledge and skills defined in the PMI-ACP® Examination Content Outline. To prepare for the test, review each task and knowledge area in the outline and become familiar with the terminology.
In addition to studying the content outlined in the Exam Content Outline, you should also have experience applying agile principles and practices to projects. Working on an agile project team is the best way to gain this experience. You can also attend agile training courses, webinars, or conferences; read books or articles about agile topics, or join an agile interest group or community of practice.
When you are ready to take the examination, log in to the PMI website to schedule your appointment with Pearson VUE, the authorized test delivery provider for PMI examinations.
- If you do not have one already, you will need to create a web account on the Pearson VUE website.
- The fee for the PMI-ACP® examination is $435 for members and $495 for nonmembers.
- You can save $60 by applying early.
- After you have scheduled your examination, you will receive an email confirmation from Pearson VUE with instructions on how to prepare for and access the examination.
Be sure to read these instructions carefully and follow them closely.
Another interesting read: PMI Agile Certified Practitioner Course Guide
What Type Of Questions Are On The Exam?
The PMI-ACP® exam is made up of multiple-choice questions that fall into seven PMI-ACP® domains:
- Domain I. Agile Principles and Mindset (16%)
- Domain II. Value-driven Delivery (20%)
- Domain III. Stakeholder Engagement (17%)
- Domain IV. Team Performance (16%)
- Domain V. Adaptive Planning (12%)
- Domain VI. Problem Detection and Resolution (10%)
- Domain VII. Continuous Improvement (9%)
You can find more information on the specific content areas for each domain in the PMI-ACP® Exam Content Outline.
How To Answer The Questions
You will have three hours to complete the PMI-ACP® exam. There are 120 multiple-choice questions on the exam, of which 100 are scored.
The remaining 20 questions are unscored pretest questions that are being field-tested for possible use on future exams. These unscored questions do not count toward your score, but you will not be able to identify them as such.
Because all of the questions count equally, you should answer each one to the best of your ability.
Here is some general advice on how to approach answering each question:
- Read each question carefully and make sure you understand what it is asking before looking at the answers
- Eliminate any answers that you know are wrong
- If you can’t decide between the two remaining solutions, select the one that you feel is more correct
- Don’t spend too much time on any one question
Another interesting read: Agile Certified Practitioner Exam
Tips For Taking The Exam
The PMI-ACP® (Agile Certified Practitioner) exam is a challenging test of your knowledge and understanding of Agile principles and practices. To pass the exam, you’ll need to have a strong foundation in Agile concepts.
Here are a few tips to help you prepare for the exam:
- Start by reading the PMI-ACP® Exam Content Outline. This document will give you an overview of the topics covered in the exam.
- Next, review the resources listed in the “Required Reading” section of the Exam Content Outline. These readings will provide you with a more detailed understanding of Agile concepts.
- Once you have a solid understanding of the material, take practice exams to test your knowledge.
- Lastly, make sure you understand the exam format and how the questions will be presented.
By following these tips, you’ll be well to pass the PMI-ACP® exam!
Another interesting read: Agile Certified Practitioner Certification
FAQs About The PMI-ACP® Exam
How Is The PMI-ACP® Exam Structured?
The PMI-ACP® exam is made up of 120 multiple-choice questions. Of those, 100 questions count towards your score, and 20 are considered pre-release questions that do not affect your final score but give the PMI an idea of how these questions would perform on future exams. You will have three hours to complete the entire exam.
How Much Does The Exam Cost?
If you are a PMI member, the exam will cost $435. If you are not a member, it will cost $495.
When Can I Retake The Exam If I Fail?
You must wait 30 days before you can retake the exam. You can take it unlimited times, but keep in mind that it will cost money each time you take it.
After reading this blog post, you should better understand the PMI-ACP® exam and how to prepare for it. You know what topics will be covered on the exam and the resources available to help you study. You also know what to expect on test day to feel confident and prepared. Good luck!